Header/Navigation Bar/Social Media Icons

Thursday, October 16, 2014

Vegas!!

Lance & I got to travel to Vegas this week for an Emergency Medicine conference - it was a great opportunity for an adult vacation and time to catch up with old Columbus residency friends.

We stayed at Caesar’s - the pool was beautiful! Nancy and I enjoyed our morning, poolside lattes…I’m still thinking about how wonderful that was...

IMG 1030

Our room was beautiful, and Lance got it upgraded with the $20 tip trick - it took us a long time to get checked in, but the view of the Belagio Fountains was worth it!

IMG 1031

IMG 1033

IMG 7987

Nancy and I had a great time together - it was so much fun picking up right where we left off…I can’t believe it’s been 5 years and 5 kids between the two of us later…it’s amazing how much has happened in such a short period of time. 

Still, I’m so happy to have the kind of friendship with her that starts right back where it left off. And, there’s nothing like having another ER wife to commiserate with! 

We loved Serendipity’s - I’m still dreaming about these desserts!

IMG 7997

IMG 7990

It wasn’t easy to get here, but thanks to a breaking fever, Mimi, Nan and Nonnie, we were able to do it, and it was worth every stressful moment. 

IMG 7992

IMG 7994

And, we were all happy to hang out with Chris again - it’s been way too long. We loved playing blackjack - the 5 of us took over a couple of tables and I learned more about the game than I ever thought possible thanks to her cheat sheet. Her words, “Everybody wins!” and “Everybody loses” never rang truer!!

IMG 7996

It was a great trip, and we absolutely can’t wait to do it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment