Header/Navigation Bar/Social Media Icons

Saturday, October 11, 2014

Boo at the Zoo and the Downside

Boo at the Zoo was slated for October 11 this year - we bought tickets, we made plans with our friends - we were so excited to go...

..And then our sweet girl got strep. She braved through it, the antibiotics kicked in within 24 hours and she rallied through, but she wasn’t able to go this year. 

I’m so sad that she and I stayed home, but we made the most of it - watching movies, snuggling, crafting and eating together with Mimi. 

I told her about it after Cade left…she was sad, but she has this amazing understanding for an almost 5 year old. Really, sometimes her maturity blows me away. Here she is just after her last fever broke - she finally starting eating again, and was miraculously fever free just in time for Mommy to leave for Vegas the next morning with no guilt. I can’t help but think she’s just a little (okay incredibly) amazing for that. 

She wanted chicken noodle soup after she heard the doctor suggest it at her appointment this morning: 

IMG 7977

I think sometimes it’s good for Cade to have to go it alone without Lyla - he revels in hanging out with Big Boys, especially Eli. I love that he loves Eli so very much…there’s no Big Boy I’d rather him emulate. I hope their friendship transcends these early years. 

Here is one of my all time favorite images. All. Time. Favorites. Thank you, Lance for capturing this one. 

IMG 7978

Cade loved his firefighter costume. We waited for the last second to present it to him as we didn’t want to take any chances of him changing his mind if given the chance to do so - he does have a mind of his own...

IMG 1016

Love this one: 

IMG 1019

And this one...

IMG 1022

I think Cade really believes Eli is Superman. 

IMG 1023

Sometimes things don’t work out according to the original plan, but maybe that’s the whole point….maybe things work out just as they’re supposed to. 

Nonetheless, here’s to next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment