Header/Navigation Bar/Social Media Icons

Friday, October 3, 2014

This Little Boy of Mine

IMG 7922

I am not the girliest girl.

But I’m not tomboyish either. I used to look at other moms of boys in wonder, thinking - how will I ever find the energy to really know every action figure that goes into whatever it is that boys play with these days? I’m just not interested…

And now, here I am, the Mommy of an almost three year old boy who just automatically loved all things “boy”. I never taught him to look out the car window and point out concrete mixer trucks. I never encouraged him to identify train cars, dump trucks and bobcats…I couldn’t have because I didn’t know anything about them myself. 

I’ve never been more interested by a construction site than the one that is unfolding a couple of miles from our home - visiting it sometimes 3-4 days a week because Cade wants to see “what the ‘mans' are doing” there. 

I am riveted by this boy of mine because he makes me see the world through a whole new lens. Who knew that watching the laying of asphalt could be so fascinating?

This boy. He makes the world a whole new place for me…at age 40. 

I now know the difference between a bull dozer and a digger…and I’m so proud of it. 

IMG 7925

No comments:

Post a Comment