Header/Navigation Bar/Social Media Icons

Saturday, September 24, 2016

Canyon Day

The morning began with this crazy rooster right outside our window. They are everywhere! 


Today was Waimea Canyon day. The Canyon is on the opposite side of the island from us, about a 2 hour drive with low speed limits and traffic. We decided to spend the whole day on the southern side, to explore Poi'pu while we were over there. 

The Canyon is very impressive, about 10 miles wide and up to 3000 feet deep. That side of the island is also very different than ours - much drier and not as green.



Here are some photos from the Lookout:




People attach inscribed key locks to the fence at the Lookout.


We hiked the Canyon Trail, which was a great mix of rugged terrain and beautiful woods. Here are some photos:






We've been experimenting a lot this trip with our camera. 


I love what Lance did with Waipoo Falls. Note the difference between photo 1 and photo 2:

Photo 1

Photo 2

We were dusty and dirty after our hike so we decided to drive over to Poi'pu Beach, which was rather crowded but offers some pretty good snorkeling. 



Then we went to dinner at Keoki's Paradise, which I highly recommend. We love the Monchong, which is a delicious Hawaiin fish.

An hour and half drive back to the hotel - another amazing day!

Tomorrow, last day in Kaua'i - flying to Maui on Tues. I told Lancd that I know I'll like Maui, but I don't think I'll love it the way I do this Island. There's just something so special about it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment