Header/Navigation Bar/Social Media Icons

Thursday, September 4, 2014

Sweet Girl

I wanted to post these photos Lance took with our camera on the first day of school - I think he captured so much of my ambivalence, and more importantly, he caught our sweet, sensitive girl in the act of comforting Mommy.

DSC 0983

She can be impatient, demanding and, well, just 4. But, anyone who knows Lyla also knows that there’s just something about her that you can’t quite pinpoint, something that is special and so unique. It’s a sensitive effervescence that I love so much that sometimes I think my heart just might break. 

I know her so well that I can often guess exactly what she’s going to say or what she’s going to feel before it even happens. I attribute that, of course, to the fact that I’ve been with her 95 percent of every single day of her short life. The knowledge we have of each other is reciprocal, though. She can read me almost like a book, and I love how sensitive she was to my ambivalence on the first day of school. 

These photos really need no words. They’re beautiful and amazing just as they are: 

DSC 0989

DSC 0991

DSC 0990

I am so blessed to be her Mommy. 

Our amazing little girl is just that - amazing. 

She is more than worth every single day that I waited for her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment