Header/Navigation Bar/Social Media Icons

Friday, January 20, 2017

Our Muddy Day

I love Fridays. It's Cade's day off from school, and I love getting a little time with him and doing, well, whatever he chooses. Today we surprised Lyla for lunch at school. She was happy to see us:

 

Cade is back into "working man" mode. At bathtime tonight, he told me he was happy he was so dirty because he's a working man. The weather is ridiculously warm for Jan., and the yard is so muddy from all the rain we've been pelted with this week. It was the perfect opportunity for digging and laying pipes that Uncle Steven gave Cade to play with:

 

 


I laughed so hard when I realized this photo Cade posted in the treehouse has survived the Fall & Winter:

 

And, of course, things got even better when Lyla got home from school. This girl has loved mud from the beginning, and she still does. I love how they created their own mortar:

 
 
 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The day ended snuggling on the couch before Daddy's 8 pm bedtime. While recounting the events of Inauguration Day 2017, I caught this sweet moment:

 

I am so blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment