Header/Navigation Bar/Social Media Icons

Saturday, January 7, 2017

First Ski Day!

We headed to Paoli today for our first family skiing adventure. It was an adventure, alright, and one that we're all excited to try again.

We got instructors for Lyla & Cade and an instructor for Lance & I. I'm so happy with how the kids handled this. They happily went together to their own slope with their teachers,  and we went to ours. 

I'm amazed at how quickly they picked up "making a pizza" (aka wedging). By the end of the day, they were zipping down the bunny slopes, and Lance was chasing them. It was awesome. 

I struggled a bit as I've never even put on a ski prior to today. Numerous falls (including 2 off the ski lift) and very sore shoulders from the falls are a bit frustrating, but I'm determined to do it again. Maybe in Feb. 

Lance did great...he hasn't been skiing in 20 years or so, but it must be like riding a bike...it came right back to him.

I love that the kids were able to do it! It was an awesome day!

 

Us and our (numerous) instructors. The staff at Paoli are amazing...they found a "junior" instructor to assist with Lyla & Cade's lesson, so they had 2 teachers. And, our instructor, Dan, was a true pinnacle of patience. He will definitely be seeing me again:

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment