Header/Navigation Bar/Social Media Icons

Monday, November 9, 2009

Bring on the Nesting Complex!


People who know me well would say that I've been "nesting" for the past 5 months. While that may be true, these last 24 hours have brought on a type of energy and motivation I didn't dream possible - if only I could hold onto it!

Evidence I'm nesting:

1. I can't stop thinking about uses for Clorox Bleach wipes.

2. I can't buy enough rolls of toilet paper and paper towels. There's nothing more comforting than a great big stack of both.

3. I was completely consumed with making pumpkin chocolate chip cookies last night just so I could freeze the dough to bake them during the Holidays. I absolutely couldn't rest until it was done. And, I really didn't rest then either.

4. I can't stop thinking about various household products we need before Lancina arrives. I'm preoccupied with everything from buying extra spices to cleaning products. It's kind of like that feeling that you get when a big snow storm is coming - like you need to buy a bunch of milk because you're not going to be able to leave the house for a very long time.

5. Today I decided that the car absolutely had to be cleaned out and completely dusted. I mean, we absolutely can't bring home little Lancina in a car with a speck of dust- even though she's been riding in it for the last 9 months!

6. It is impossible for the house to be clean enough. I am compelled to dust, sweep, do laundry and then do it all over again.

So, just wondering, does "nesting" affect Dads? So far, I haven't seen much of an indication of that.

Labor Progress - not a whole lot to tell. Lancina is moving around a lot. I woke up this morning with a belly jutting out to a cute little right angle. Lately, she also really likes kicking around on my left side. She's got to be running out of room in there.

No contractions. Doctor's appointment on Friday.

Lance keeps asking Lancina about the "little deal" he made with her to be born on the 11th - he says that it will be much appreciated if she can get him out of a couple of night shifts at the hospital.

We'll see about that one. 18 days and counting...

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with the delivery! I can't wait to see pictures. Our little one was born this past Wednesday. You'll love having a new baby around- they are so cuddly. Best wishes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weslea, I think there's something in the human psyche that pushes you to nest like you described. It's almost like you go into a frenzy just before THE TIME arrives. You'll be soooo glad you did when Lancina gets here!

    ReplyDelete