Header/Navigation Bar/Social Media Icons

Saturday, July 16, 2016

Growing Up Cade

Tonight is the first time in over 4 years that Cade did not ask me to rock him before bed. He instead asked me to lay down with him in his bed while we read and while he fell asleep. 

I know rocking had become cumbersome - he's too big and he's uncomfortable, but I laughingly said I was going to rock my baby as long as he would let me. And, so, it looks like this sweet time has come to an end.

Just like that.

I'm so proud of how big he's getting, and he's even maturing a little here and there. 

But I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little sad. 

He's fast asleep now, and I have to admit I feel sort of happy too...there's just something really natural about him growing up that feels almost like an accomplishment of sorts. 

I love him, and he's still the best little boy on the planet to me. 

Lyla took this at tball today:

No comments:

Post a Comment