Header/Navigation Bar/Social Media Icons

Monday, June 27, 2016

Ocean Time & Nightswimming

Another great day in Florida, with perfect weather. We started the day at the condo's lazy river, across the street in the Bay Side.

After lunch, we spent the early afternoon at the Ocean. It's exhausting getting out there, but it's one of my favorite parts of vacation. And, icees made it a little easier to hang with the long walk to our beach chairs:



We were so proud of Lyla, who had a rough run in with saltwater yesterday when she took in enough to feel like she was going to throw up while out there with Lance. She made herself try it again today and said it was "amazing". We ended up jumping waves with both of them, and the most "amazing" part of the whole experience was the sound of their laughter. They absolutely loved it. 

She later told me, as we sat together on the waters edge: "I knew it was going to be hard to go back in today, but I just knew I needed to do it. So I did."

Wow.

And then there was this from her: "Mommy, you know I love you more than Maya Ruiz (her beloved kindergarten friend) and giant pandas."

It was a magical afternoon and one I don't want to forget. I'll forget about the blazing sunburn on my back, but I don't want to forget this sweet little ocean conversation.

We ended up at another arcade this evening. Cade is obsessed with winning speakers from these ridiculously difficult arcade games. Lance and I tried over and over again to no avail. 


But, they walked away with several prizes, and we were all happy to come back tonight. I thought we would go back to the Beach, but Lyla suggested nightswimming instead...it was a brilliant plan. We had so much fun in the pool:



She didn't want to come in. "Can we do it again tomorrow, Mommy?"

And, more interesting insights from Cade E. Bugg tonight when he asked Lance at bedtime, "Why did you and Mommy decide to have Lyla first?"

That sweet boy. Bless his little heart.






No comments:

Post a Comment