Header/Navigation Bar/Social Media Icons

Friday, December 26, 2014

Christmas 2014

Well - Christmas 2014 won’t go down as the best Christmas in HottFam history, but we made it through…and we made the most of it. Cade developed a fever on the evening of the 23rd, and by Christmas Eve, he was officially diagnosed with the flu. We spent most of the Holiday separated, and Cade managed to enjoy what he could as long as he had his Tylenol and Advil to combat fever. 

Here are a few of Elfie’s adventures this year:

IMG 8265

IMG 8266

 IMG 8291

IMG 8298

IMG 8308

IMG 8303

IMG 8302

Lyla and Cade were very sad to see him fly back to the North Pole, and Lyla ultimate sewed him a little travel bag so that he could carry some cookies on his journey. We will miss this sweet elf over the next year. 

Christmas Eve was quiet around here. I spent the evening cuddling with our sick boy while Lance took Lyla to Nan & Nonnie’s. She had a great time with Isa and Bodhi. We were also so happy that Nan & Nonnie brought Cade’s gifts here before the festivities began. He was happy to see them and so sad to miss out on the party. 

IMG 1140

IMG 1142

Lyla & Cade were glad to be reunited that evening for Christmas Eve with Mommy & Daddy. We feel so blessed that Lyla never developed Cade’s illness. 

IMG 8326

Christmas morning was its usual flurry of gifts, paper and toys. Here’s the living room after: 

IMG 8337

And, here is Love Bugg between fevers: 

IMG 1144

IMG 1145jj

All in all, it was a make the most of it Christmas. We had to cancel with Mimi and Aunt NaeNah, so we’re looking forward to seeing them in January for even more Christmas. 

So, to commemorate the Holiday in the most positive light possible, here are a few of my favorite Lyla and Cade quotes: 

-Lyla told me she had a secret to tell me on my way out of her room one night before bedtime right before Christmas. She looked at me with serious eyes and said, “Mommy, I’m in love.” 

-Cade, right before drifting off to sleep recounted his favorite part of the movie “Chippy”, which is about an elf: “Mommy, you know that boy in the movie? That was really funny when he wanted to name his elf ‘stinky pants’”.

-Cade: “Mommy, I want pants with pockets.” Incidentally, this quote began a new Cade demand in which he insists on wearing pants with pockets and belt loops on a daily basis so that he can more convincingly play “fix it man”.

-Lyla found a rock outside on a balmier day before the Holiday and insisted it was an egg and not a rock. She put it in its own special bed, complete with pillow and blanket and said that she was going to wait for it to hatch. After several hours of absolutely no movement or progress toward hatching, Cade stated, “Mommy, it’s not hatching. I think it’s just a rock."

-Lyla, prior to descending the stairs to look at her Santa gifts: “I should brush my hair and teeth first…"

-Lyla to Cade re: being sick on Christmas: “I know what it feels like, Cade. I felt that way too when I didn’t get to go to Boo at the Zoo."

-Lyla re: Cade on Christmas Day: “Well, this sickness isn’t as bad as I thought it was going to be. I thought you would be on the couch all day, Cade."

-Cade, while in “break down mode” on Christmas morning: “I don’t want any of my toys! I’m done!"

-Cade: “Play with me. You haven’t played fix it man with me in years!"

-Cade: “I really want a baby, Mommy. Oh yeah, I forgot, Daddy and Lyla are allergic to babies."

-Lyla: “Grown-ups shouldn’t go out. They should stay at home and play with their kids."

These two are amazing little lights. 

No comments:

Post a Comment