Header/Navigation Bar/Social Media Icons

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Out of the Country!

Lance is a big believer in “adult vacations” and is very committed to making sure we do this on a yearly basis or so. I never really understood this concept because, admittedly, I didn’t grow up this way. Vacations were always something we did as a family, so it seemed odd when he proposed this theory several years ago. 

I’m now a believer. Traveling with Lance is an experience I have missed so much, and our first trip out of the country since we’ve had children was nothing short of amazing for us both. 

I knew it would be a little difficult to leave the kids, but it helps that they’re with Mom, and I know they’ll have a good time with her and new experiences of their own. It’s good for everyone. 

IMG 7325

Secondly, I’ve never been a huge fan of group trips - there are usually too many politics, too many opinions and generally too much going on for me to be able to relax and have a good time.

Again, this trip was a huge exception. We traveled to the Dominican with 6 other couples, and the dynamic was perfection. I haven’t laughed so hard in such a long time, and thoroughly enjoyed everyone we had the opportunity to spend time with on this trip. 

This is our first night on the Beach - I hate that this photo is blurry, but I’m including it anyway because I love it. 

IMG 7331

The first thing we did together was a “Booze Cruise”, and it was so much fun that I wish we could do it all over again. I wish I had more photos, but I think that when you’re having this much fun, you don’t always think about picking up the camera. Here’s the boat: 

IMG 0872

And, here is the blue water. I’ve yearned for this view of the world since having children - I don’t think I really appreciated a “Beach vacation” until after becoming a Mom. Endless cocktails, blue water and uninterrupted sleep are things that never meant so much before. 

IMG 0873

We ate at the Mexican restaurant one night during the trip and I was surprised by another birthday celebration from the waiters - more singing and dancing to celebrate my 40th. Mortifying...yes. Memorable...unfortunately. 

IMG 7411

IMG 7413

IMG 7414

Brent and Meredith were the greatest surprise of the trip. No one, and and I mean NO ONE can outlast them. They’re the first ones up and the last ones to go to bed. I told Lance that on our next group trip I would be willing to pay for part of their trip just to get them to go with us…they’re that much fun. We are so glad they were a part of this trip. 

IMG 7340

Kip & Pat - Kip did one of the most hilarious karaoke renditions I’ve ever seen in my life on this trip - it was a pee-in-your-pants kind of performance that I don’t think him or anyone else could ever outdo. Again, I’m so glad I got to see it - I only wish I had a video. Absolutely. Hilarious. 

IMG 7342

I think Tom Quigley sings better than Bon Jovi. Period. 

IMG 7343 

Me & Meredith:

IMG 7352

By far, one of the best parts of this trip was sharing it with Kip & Rebecca. My 40th year of life has been a real eye opener, and I’m learning that you’re really blessed if you have a relationship like the one we have with them. They are not only awesome family, but great friends. It was so much fun experiencing this trip with them, and I can’t wait to do it again. 

IMG 7388

IMG 7389

Meredith on the beach:

IMG 7392

On our final night, Kip arranged for Rebecca’s 40th to be commemorated at our last dinner. I love the spelling of her name on this cake: 

IMG 7397

The boys:

IMG 7399

IMG 7400

A random group photo from our Mexican dinner:

IMG 7415

“Vacation Hands” - A Brent & Meredith addition to the trip:

IMG 7416

Awesome trip. Amazing memories. Great friends.

Cheers to doing it again. 

Soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment