Header/Navigation Bar/Social Media Icons

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Happy 3rd, Miss Q!

Today was the day that our Lyla turned 3, officially. I never ceased to be amazed when someone asks her how old she is, and she twists her little hand to hold up 3 fingers…where did the time go? How is it that our little baby is able to tell anyone who asks that she is 3 years old?

In many ways, it feels like the blink of an eye, but in many others, it seems like such a long time ago. Regardless, our lives are fuller than they have every been. She is a living miracle, and I love her more than I can possibly express in words.

I’m glad that Lance was home with us today – we had a full day celebrating one of the 2 most amazing days of my life.

First, we had birthday pancakes and opened a few presents:

063

The Birthday Wreath:

054 

A happy girl with her new dollhouse from Mommy & Daddy. We heard the words, “Would you like to play with me?” about 100 times throughout the course of the day. She loved it the moment Lance carried it out to her, and her favorite family member of her doll family is, of course, the baby. She named it “Cade”.

050

We spent most of the morning at home. We spent some time at Barnes & Noble later, where Lyla read some books with Daddy. After a quick dinner, we went to the bakery to pick out cupcakes. Lyla then celebrated again with her beloved cousin, Isabella. She was so happy to see her, and I really don’t think her day would have been complete without her.

076

086

Cade seemed kind of satisfied with his eggless cupcake and icing – it’s not the same as the girls’ treats, but he was willing to make it work:

090

092 

All in all, it was a great day of looking backward and forward. Watching Lyla grow up is a bittersweet experience, but mostly sweet. This time 3 years ago she was a tiny, helpless baby and I was a scared, overwhelmed Mommy. I’m still a little overwhelmed, but three years has given me a different outlook…on everything. I love hearing her laugh, talk and share her thoughts. These are the sweet parts…and in many, many ways, I am wise enough now to realize that these are the sweetest of days.

I love you, Lyla.

Happy 3rd Birthday – I am looking forward to many, many more.

No comments:

Post a Comment