Header/Navigation Bar/Social Media Icons

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Hottman Family Update


So this family blog thing isn't going as well as I'd hoped - there just isn't time for anything anymore. Sleep is still a luxury, but we are trying to get more organized so that we are doing a better job of chronicling Lyla's first year.

A brief update: life is going very, very well. Our lives have been completely transformed. Our home is a little dustier, phone calls are harder and harder to return and I'm not as organized as I used to be...but Lyla is the light of my days. I wake up and feel completely blessed with joy that I get to spend the entire day with her.

She is now 3 1/2 months, and I can't believe how quickly this year is flying by. She is a completely different baby than the one who was born back in November. She smiles at everything, is losing her hair, and sleeps unreliably at night. She coos on a regular basis now and seems to have a lot she wants to say - some of my favorite moments are listening to her and her daddy cooing to each other - they have their own little conversations. :)

I'm going to try and do a better job of updating the blog, but I have to find the time somewhere. We'll see how that goes. Who knew how much time a little baby could take in a mommy's life?

1 comment:

  1. Actually, it sounds like things are right on target. I felt like it took at least a whole YEAR for me to get organized with a new baby in the house! There's an idea I want to share with you. I wish it were mine and that we'd done this but, unfortunately, I found out about it too late. A couple bought a man's shirt when their son was born; they put the shirt on that baby and photographed him. Then, each year on his birthday, they would photograph him in the same shirt so you could see his progress. They were fun to look at. Maybe for Lyla Q? Your Dad would do an excellent job of that since he's such an accomplished photographer.

    ReplyDelete