Header/Navigation Bar/Social Media Icons

Monday, August 12, 2013

We were thrilled to welcome Nana to our home today - it was so wonderful to have her here. Both Lyla and Cade were so happy to visit with her and play with her all afternoon. 

DSC 0225

We can't help but be amazed at her continued strength and overall happiness…it's hard to believe she is in her 90s….she still looks like the picture of good health I've known her to be all my life. I keep preparing myself for that to change each time I see her, but I'm always so happy to see that she's exactly as she's always been. 

DSC 0232

Lyla was particularly fond of Nana - everyone is, of course. But, there was something special about how bonded she is to her. It's as if she's a little bit overcome by Nana - as if she's magical somehow. At one point, I noticed she hid beneath Nana's chair… just trying to get her attention. 

DSC 0236

Everyone (even Cade) loves getting a look at pictures. 

DSC 0253

And, of course, we were thrilled to see Aunt Sue and Sue Beth. I don't know how I missed getting a picture of Sue Beth, but here is Lyla snuggling with Aunt Sue. Lyla was so pleased to get a new book from her today.

DSC 0268

It was so sweet when Lyla brought her toys down from playing in her room with Sue Beth to show Nana. They played together on the couch: 

DSC 0275

What a wonderful visit with one of the most spectacular human beings I've ever know. I'm overwhelmed with gratitude that she made it all the way here to see us. 

We love you, Nana! And, special thanks to Mom, Aunt Sue, and Sue Beth for helping facilitate the visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment