Header/Navigation Bar/Social Media Icons

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Our Best Friends

Above anything else, the greatest joy in my life right now is watching these two beautiful kids become best friends. They laugh together, fight together, run around the house together…they are growing closer each and every day. 

A few of my favorite things right now: 

-Watching Cade imitate anything Lyla does. If she runs and jumps, he wants to do it too - and he's always willing to give it a try.

-Watching Lyla try to do everything Cade does…from uttering a rudimentary "PEEAAZZZ" (aka "Please") to running away from Mommy, if Cade does it, Lyla wants to try it too.

-Lyla's latest nickname for Cade is "Donnie". We think she got it from a show she's watching a lot these days (Doc McStuffins - she also refers to herself as "Doc"), but it's hilarious to hear her announce to Daddy that she has a little brother named "Donnie". 

Here are some of my most prized photos ever…captured with my iPhone. We were in the backyard, and Cade and Lyla discovered a ladybug struggling to take flight from a blade of grass. Here, Cade is trying to pick the bug up with his hand. I love how Lyla sat back and let him try, all the while thrilled to watch:

IMG 5004

And, here is my all-time favorite. He managed to get the ladybug on his hand, and they watched it for a split second before it took flight and was gone as quickly as we discovered it. I love the jubilance on Lyla's face and the concentration on Cade's.

IMG 5005

I pray that they will continue to grow to love and care for each other. The sibling relationship is an amazing gift. 

I'm so happy they have each other. 

No comments:

Post a Comment