Header/Navigation Bar/Social Media Icons

Monday, November 8, 2010

A Fall Trip to Cherokee

It’s been a busy time in the Hottman Fam this week. Lance has been in Philadephia taking Oral Boards, and Lyla and I have been hard at work preparing for her very first birthday party on Saturday. She got to spend the afternoon with Aunt Ari (aka Aunt Cheese) and Rand today while I went to run errands. She had a great time, and after a long nap, we ventured out to Cherokee Park.

I’m amazed at the changes in Lyla over these last few days. I want to remember every one of them because she’s changing so rapidly. She’s really becoming a little girl – she seems to enjoy clothing changes followed by me crooning over and over about how cute she is.

She’s also really talking. I think she already has several words. Today, I was standing at the counter playing on my phone while holding her and she pointed to bananas on the counter and said, “Nanas!!”.

Here are some pics from the Park. She really enjoyed her time there today, especially the swing. She laughed the entire time I pushed her. As usual, she particularly enjoyed trying to catch up with the other kids – but she can’t quite do it…yet:

008

011

020

We had a very busy weekend with Aunt Martina, who helped us get so many things ready for the party. We miss her already, but we're looking forward to another visit to Urbana in January. We can't wait to see Zoe & Ellie!

No comments:

Post a Comment